Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Felt Like It

Hot Pink Merino Wool w/ Pink & Multi Color  Beads

Today I felt like making some new earrings so I got out some of my merino fiber and started to make some ball shapes which I then turned into oblong shapes as I wet felted the fiber in some hot soapy water. I kept the shapes about an inch or so long so I could then embellish them with beads which I did by using a long needle with some FireLine in a smoke color.It's made by BeadSmith company and is very good for working with beads in this way. I use size .006 and a beading needle. So I kept stabbing through the felt ball until I got the look I wanted. I also added beads at the top and made a beaded handle so I could attach it to a pair of leaver back earring posts. All you have to do is bend the round piece at the bottom of the leaver back a little open, slip the handle into the opening and close it up again. For this you will need a needle nose pliers or a flat nose pliers. It is a really easy project and you could make any color earring you want. I am going to try and upload a picture of what I did but sometimes this program doesn't cooperate with me so we will see what happens. Tomorrow I am going to design a dress for my daughter. I'm not sure what it will be yet. I do know I'm going to use some Nuno felting, and silk chiffon. At least that is the plan right now. Tomorrow--well that remains to be an unknown but the joy will be in the journey--so check back tomorrow and see where I wound up. Goodnight for now.
Plum Merino Wool w/ Purple Glass & Wood Beads
Peach Merino Wool w/ Yellow & Green Glass Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment