Thursday, July 31, 2014

First Time Blogger - WHOOPPEE!!

Well, off on another adventure today - the World of Blogging!  We shall see what this will bring, now won't we. 

I am filled with the need to share (even if you don't want to hear it) all that is happening in my world of "Fiber, Felt and Tea".  This won't be the only topics of conversation, as I have much to share.  But at least I needed to list some of my passions - so I thought - why not these three!  I hope to give you a rabbit's hole view of my wild world....I promise a funky ride - so come along and we'll have fun!

Since this is the first of many entries, I will keep it short and sweet today.  I will leave you with a glimpse of future posts.

I LOVE TO COOK!!!  Today, it was Chana Masala - the house is now filled with the aroma of sweet Indian spice, making my head swirl and the imagination wonder.  Here is the recipe for you to try if you so desire.

Chana Masala    serves 6 with a little left over
2 T. of olive oil
3 medium yellow onions diced medium
1 clove garlic minced
3- 15 oz. cans of chick peas drained
2 - 28 oz. cans of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1/2 c. of Chana Masala Spice Mix(I like it spicy-you can get this at a Indian Spice store or google for on line buying)
1 - 8 oz. package of Paneer Cheese 1/2 inch dice
1t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
Ok. First use a heavy bottomed casserole pot-about a 4 qt. pot-
add the oil and heat til the oil shimmers and is hot-next add the garlic and onions and saute until golden brown-next add the Chana Masala Spice and stir(don't worry if it is very thick-just don't burn it)Now add the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and the 3 cans of chick peas and stir in-add the salt and black pepper-taste to see if you need more salt or black pepper to you taste. Let this simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes-stiring once in a while. Add the diced Paneer for 1 minute to heat - I like to serve this over Jasmine rice.

Ok-so now you have it-remember you can do it if you read the recipe twice and go slow!! Good Luck-and don't forget to let me know how you made out-

No comments:

Post a Comment